My name is Neiha Lasharie.
I’m a 26-year-old rising law student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a recent graduate of The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (Tufts University). My professional and research interests are international law, Islamic law, the international “white slavery”/human trafficking regime, and decoloniality.
This website is currently in the process of evolution. I’ve had this parcel of the internet tucked away as my own since I christened this blog “Neiha Thinks This” in 2010. It has been a constant for me despite name changes, aesthetic development, moves across continents, relationship statuses, etc. This blog chronicled my growth from an insecure but determined 15-year-old to a more secure but even more determined adult – and now, I am hoping to transform it into more fully into what it has always been: a reflection of myself.
What you will get
- Earnest and honest reflections on politics and social issues
- A sense of who I am as a burgeoning professional
- Potentially brutal introspection
- The occasional poem
- The occasional essay
- A sense of hope and camaraderie
What you won’t get
- Too much consistency – I’m a student, so I don’t necessarily get to privilege my passion projects.
Thank you for reading, and feel free to message me!